Best Friends

Best Friends

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Tonight was a flash back. Troy and I had to sell the tickets we had for the Judas Priest concert, a friend called saying he had a female friend who wanted them. So we met him for a cup of coffee and waited for this gal to show up. The minute she sat down, I was thinking "I know this girl, but from where?" The name didn't click, nothing about our lives seemed to cross paths (for the limited time we chatted). Then something in my head snapped- I was looking away and she said something, and I suddenly recognized the voice... I knew this woman from prison. it's been close to 5 years since I walked away from that place, but every once in a while I see a face, or hear a voice, or something else sends me back to that part of my life. Nothing was said between us- I doubt she even recognized me. My hair is about as different as it could possibly be~ length and color, I've lost 40 pounds. She, on the other hand- looks the same- always was so pretty. But I recall being a person she did not like at that time, we clashed, I guess you could say. The memories that come back- this time of year makes it so difficult for me- as it was 6 years ago this month that I went to that place. Of course there are positive memories, a person has to make some kind of happiness when that is their life, their world. Altho she and I did not acknowledge today that we knew each other from that former life, I am so very happy to see a success from the system. I have seen so many failed attempts by people returning to the outside world... and very few, but yes, some, success stories. She will remain nameless here, out of respect for her privacy, if she ever happens to see this- I congratulate her on her success and her happiness!
I think at some point I may begin to blog about my experiences in prison- my day to day life, the things we did, the things I learned, how my life was so dramatically changed by a 15 month 'vacation'. They don't call it Utah's Finest Gated Community for nothing! So many people don't understand about prison life, so many people think I am a terrible person because I went to prison, most have no idea whatsoever what prison life is really like... I think I will give them an opportunity to find out thru my experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment