Best Friends

Best Friends

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Freedom ~ part 1


I explained the LOVE part when I started this blog. But my explanation for the FREEDOM, was actually something I realized later. Does anyone really understand the value of their freedom? Until you experience something that takes that away~ I feel people take freedom for granted. Yes, I am a huge supporter of our military, and I have seen the sacrifice these men and women make for our freedom... but have we experienced that loss of freedom? No, the majority- the average American, has no idea what freedom is all about.
In my next few posts I will be explaining my understanding of freedom, and how I value it- and why. A brief summary- I trusted the wrong person, I thought I had it all, when I truly had nothing that mattered. And that all landed me with a 15 month stay in the Utah State Prison. That was what I felt at the time, the ultimate loss of freedom... but as my time there went on, I came to learn that my freedom was something inside- true freedom is not about whether or not you live behind bars, and are told every move you can and cannot make- altho it sure sucks! freedom is in your heart, your soul, and in your mind! It is about believing in something. Whether that 'something' is God, The Goddess, yourself, or if it is a belief in your success and your future... its a belief and a positive outlook!
Day one of my incarceration was, at the time, the worst day of my life. My freedom taken- and everything I lived for was suddenly gone. I would spend the next 1 to 5 years in a 6x10 shared room, without a moment of privacy, constantly being told what, where, and when to do everything- and having to ask permission to do anything. Eating when they said- and what they said, going to bed when they said. At the time- that was my idea of loss of freedom.

No comments:

Post a Comment