Best Friends

Best Friends

Saturday, November 30, 2013

A year in the life...

It has been one year since we moved into our home... and what a year it has been! Probably the hardest year on our marriage, but we got thru it stronger than ever! Battles with our landlord/ room mate, financial trouble, health issues, and so much more! But in the end of the year everything is wonderful!
The past few days I have been looking around and all I can do is ask myself "where did the year go?" I had so many projects, things that needed to get done this year in the house, the garage, the yard... none of which got done! Well, I can't say none~ I did dig a fire pit! I really hope my health allows me to do more next spring and summer. I know financially I will be able to.
So many changes in our life, but most importantly is the fact that we are a family and have a home. Kayla rarely comes home anymore- she is grown up, but when she is here we are a family. And with any luck I will have she and her boyfriend living here with us soon and saving money to be able to be on their own down the road.
When we moved in here, we barely knew Cory- our landlord. After many battles and clashes of personality, we have actually become very good friends and I'm sure we will remain that way for many years to come. We had one dog, Roxy, still a pup when we moved in... today we have 2 dogs, Roxy and Sadie, and a kitten- Lilly, and Cory's cat- Isis. We lost one snake over the year but also gained one, and we still have Malachi, the lizard.
My days are filled with caring for the animals and trying to keep up with house work. I still can't stand the idea of not working, but my health has gotten worse and I finally accepted the fact that I will probably never work again. So craft ideas are what run thru my head these days to keep me busy!
I am so blessed to have the people I do in my life, I couldn't have made it thru this year without my amazing friends, and altho he was part of the problem at times- my husband was also the biggest support I've had at other times this year.
I hope all of you had a wonderful Thanksgiving and have a blessed holiday season no matter what holiday it is you recognize!

No comments:

Post a Comment