Best Friends

Best Friends

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Another new chapter

5 years ago was the beginning of a new book in my life... just out of prison, turned 40, started a new career, and got married to Troy. The past 5 years have been a struggle. I lost my job, my health has declined, and marital problems galore! But all marriages have that, right? And everyone goes thru their personal trials!
Today I am looking at the next chapter... I have survived the past 5 years, and quite well, really! It's all about attitude! The things that seemed so terrible- pale in comparison to what so many go thru! I will be turning 45 in a few weeks! And celebrating 5 years of marriage! I don't think my first 4 marriages even added up to 5 years! We are purchasing a home~ very exciting for us!
Everything seems to be looking up. My marriage is a work in progress, but more and more we are understanding each others needs, and working together to make each other happy. I am changing my attitude about my health, and I refuse to allow it to stop me from doing the things I want to do! I plan to be working again in the next few months!
I have my daughter home with us, we are a real family. And having a home to call our own makes it that much better! We have the love to make anyplace a home, but a house, where we can make and keep memories, plant gardens together, and build things in the back yard... thats part of being a family and having a home.
This past year has been a struggle for so many of my friends and loved ones, including myself. But I am so very thankful to have those friends, and be able to help them, and have their support when I needed it. I have learned so much about myself this year, and have been reminded of the person I want to be. I am no longer shy about people knowing I am Wiccan~ why should I be? I don't care if people know I am bisexual~ thats my choice! I am a good person, and my lifestyle choices are mine... if people want to judge me for them, they have a lot to learn about life! I love who I am, I love my husband, I love my daughter, and I love each of my friends! Life is too short for drama, anger, petty stuff... enjoy every day and do things to make others smile!
Blessed Be my friends! )O(

No comments:

Post a Comment