Best Friends

Best Friends

Friday, May 4, 2012

Life is so amazing right now! I dove into what I thought was going to be a small project, with organizing Brandon's Ride this year... and now we are expecting probably a hundred people! I have had huge support from the owner of Golden Corral, from Steve Thomas- the usual organizer, my dear friend Dave, and an amazing friend in the Dept of Veteran Affairs. I can't explain how excited I am that this is turning out to be such a success! The will be next Saturday, May 12th. Every year I feel closer and closer to Brandon, this is an amazing honor for me to be able to continue the tradition of the ride in his memory.

I am also very excited to announce that I have been asked to become an Honorary Member of the Advisory Board for the American Fallen Warrior Memorial Foundation! The public announcement of this was made yesterday. This is such an incredible opportunity for me! I know this is what I am meant to do, I support our fallen and their families... this gives me a chance to really make a difference! I am so very honored and proud to be joining this historic memorial project!
I have always believed the old saying that everything happens for a reason. That couldn't be more true for me right now! If I had made different choices in my past, if I had turned down a different road... these opportunities would not be in my face right now! I feel blessed to have been where I've been, gone thru the things I have, because I know I am where I belong right now!
If anyone is interested in learning about, or helping to support the AFWMF, the web address is AFWMF.org, or www.GOLDSTARWALL.com,  and they also have a FB page.




No comments:

Post a Comment