Best Friends

Best Friends

Monday, January 30, 2012

There is a reason...

They say everything happens for a reason. For the longest time I just brushed that idea off, and found the worst in whatever situation was at hand. But, I changed that attitude years ago, and now I try to remind others that things happen for a reason. We may not see the good that comes from it right away, but somewhere down the road, you can look back and say "wow, I wouldn't be here if that hadn't happened!" Recently the actions of one person, who really wasn't a part of my life, has had a domino effect... changing the lives of more people than I am sure she realized- or cared! Altho I am not happy with current situation of things left in her path~ I do see many of these people's lives working out for the best. How does it affect me? Well, thru her actions, things happened that made Troy and I had to ask ourselves what is truly important to us... and the answer was obvious. So what did we do? We changed our plans for our future... We made the decision not to move this year. Whether or not we move at some point down the road, will just have to be determined later. But as things are right now, my priorities, as well as his, are right here in Salt Lake. And I have no regrets about this choice.
Others have been affected, like I said- the domino effect... but I do foresee everyone involved coming out of this happy and in a place they really belong... even the one who caused it all.
I feel blessed to have the choice to stay or go, I feel more blessed to have the reason- that important person in my life- that made me step back and ask myself what I really want. And I am also so very grateful for having such an amazing man in my life who agrees with my priorities, and loves me, and loves the people in my life as much as I do. I have always said that Troy had no idea what he was getting himself into when he married me, and I seem to find ways to press that constantly! He didn't just marry me... he married my family, my friends, my divorces... my past. But he is my future and my now.
At this point in my life, I have a lot that is up in the air... but I have my husband and my daughter- and that is all that matters to me. I truly do love my life!

1 comment:

  1. Was that last comment a little to close to home and accurate to be left on and not deleted? No worries, my husband and I would agree that most already know about the domino effect, which you yourself create.... maybe those who act holier than thou (you) should practice what they preach instead of always trying to be a continual self serving hypocrite. I am sure this one will be deleted as well... which is fine.. but at least you should know... people are not stupid puppets like you pretend them to be, and most, if not all, can see thru you and know you for what you are. Its fun to talk and put crap on everyone elses page, but when it's yours, well that's different isn't it. Delete if you will, the truth hurts.

    ReplyDelete