Best Friends

Best Friends

Wednesday, October 26, 2011


A couple weeks ago I typed a very long post and when I attempted to post it- it vanished! I have no idea at this point what I was saying, so I guess today is a new day- and a new thought... and hoping it will post properly!
I have realized I dont blog nearly as much as I had originally planned, and I should! I have so much going on in my life and a lot of times dont really know how or where to express how I am feeling. So with all the other "new" in my life right now- I think I am going to make new start on this as well... and blog much more frequently!
My blog is titled Friends and Freedom... this photo is Troy and I with A good friend on the day he returned from Iraq. Welcome home, Brandon, and THANK YOU!
The turn of this year was the beginning of many changes in my life~ difficult changes. My health had started failing, I lost my job- cutting our income in half, my health got progressively worse to the point I no longer am able to work. My daughter decided to move back with her dad, and Troy and I moved in a friend, then another.
We had an incredible summer! as long as my health allowed- we were on the bike all the time!
Being out of work has had its ups and downs- hate the financial aspect- we gave up my car and now have one car and the bike- which leaves me stranded home sometimes. I am a workaholic- must keep busy! this has been quite a challenging adjustment for me. times of depression. But my amazing husband has been super supportive and understanding... and altho we have had some marital challenges this year- we are closer than ever! I met my soul mate best friend this year~ someone who helped me, and I was able to help, she and I have a world of things in common. I am looking forward to a lifelong friendship with her.
Our friends who moved in both recently moved out of our apartment, Troy and I will be moving to a smaller apartment in the next month~ a fresh start for us after a rough year.
The positive that came out of my not working- I have been able to be a bigger part of the things I believe in! I was able to contribute over 30 hours volunteering at the Healing Fields this year~ my number one charitable organization, and attend double the PGR missions I would have, had I been working. I've had the time to study and research more about my religious belief- Wicca/Paganism, and the herbal healing that I so enjoy. I feel I am more accessible for my friends- the people who need me... thats why I am here on earth- is to help people, so being more available feels amazing! I have been able to spend time with the Gold Star families, and have become very close to a couple of them~ there is no way to describe the feeling of helping someone smile when they feel they have nothing to be happy about, just knowing I am there for these amazing people who gave up a son, daughter, or husband or brother... for me, for all of us!
So thats my post for today... I've been without internet service for a while and have much more to catch up on. Blessed be my friends. I love you all!

1 comment:

  1. oops, my bad- its Love and Freedom, not friends and freedom... same thing tho, right?

    ReplyDelete