Best Friends

Best Friends

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

It's been just over 2 years since I lost my job with Maverik... I was so devastated! Wow, how things change, huh? I am so glad to not be a part of that company anymore! They aren't what they used to be! But it has been a strange 2 years, a difficult transition to being a stay home wife and mom. Such ups and downs... emotionally and financially.
The past month has probably been the hardest on me. My health has been less than ok, causing anxiety and depression issues, which causes more health problems... it has become a vicious circle! I have hopes that if the temps in Salt Lake get above 30 in the next couple weeks, that might help with the depression a bit! My depression has been worse than ever, and it is so very frustrating! Having poor health and not feeling up to doing the things a wife and mother should be doing... just makes me feel useless and so depressed! A month ago I was feeling so good and was even starting to look for a job, crazy how fast things can change! I do have friends who are very inspiring to me tho... Michelle and Dayna both have serious medical issues and always seem to stay on top of the world and so positive about everything, including the future! I really don't know where I would be without the two of them and their facebook posts! Not many people understand what I am going thru, not even my husband, really, so I keep most of it bottled up... I know, that's real healthy, right?
We have been in our home for 7 weeks now... It feels so amazing! I am making plans for this project and that remodel, and all sorts of things I want to eventually do to the place. I figure by the time we are retired, I might have it just as I want it! Our first project has already begun- the addition of a second bathroom! Second project I get to paint the upstairs bathroom! Baby blue just isn't my thing! The dog LOVES having a yard to run around in, and I am so looking forward to summer and being able to entertain friends outside! I am already scheduled to have one wedding reception, for Holly and Matt, in May, and a wedding in August for Sheila and Jared! I am so excited to be able to do these things! 
An old friend from Draper tracked me down and found me on facebook. I am so happy about this! She was really my best friend there, the one who could make me laugh no matter what. She is another success story- an amazing job, raising her kids on her own and doing a great job of it, and not doing things that could get her back there! I haven't seen her yet, but we have talked, and I am so excited to get together and catch up.
Aside from the depression, life really is good right now, and I know things could be worse, so I thank the Goddess for what I do have going for me. Kayla is healthy and happy~ and gets to go to Vegas in March with her dad and grandparents! Yes, Im jealous, but glad she's going to be spending time with them. Troy is ok, but I worry about his health and I have no idea how to get him to see this. Cory, our room mate and guy we are buying the house from, seems to be on top of the world! Has a girlfriend he is just head over heels for and loves having help paying the mortgage! He claims he doesn't like dogs, but... he loves Roxy!
I have no idea when my last post was, I didn't bother looking before I started this... I don't even know if I had mentioned we are buying a house! Anyway... Happy January, happy SuperBowl (GO NINERS!), and happy living!

No comments:

Post a Comment